Wednesday 1 April 2015

Rouen 1431


With her last breath Joan prays...

'Laudate omnes gentes laudate dominum...'

The hum of laudate dominum
breathe in omnes gentes...
breathe out laudate dominum...
breathe.

Feeling the firey breath of flames
licking young flesh
worn and made old
as a chess piece in this endless 100 year war game.

'Am I a white pawn?
Or a black pawn?'

God my beloved said to me like to Moses of old
"Free my people!"

Miriam was in my my ear whispering, "For this you were born.
Be not afraid! God will lead you and be your salvation."

Viva la France!
I will free my people!
I am woman!

And I roared as the flames singed my flesh here in Rouen....

"Mama save me for God has abandoned me!" 

as the white and black pawns burnt with me.

And only Mama saved me, as she bore me. 

Her child, Joan.

No comments:

Post a Comment